Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Celebrating Ambrose Akinmusire's birthday with another iPad painting.











Ambrose Akinmusire and his quintet were generous with their music and in answering questions at the next day workshop, 4/27, put on by Redwood Jazz Alliance in room 131 in HSU's music building. It was well attended and appreciated. I was tired after the late night party, and I admired the stamina of the quintet.
I made several new iPad sketches, here's the first one of Ambrose in his yellow shirt.
I am also posting a photo of myself painting on the iPad at the HSU concert the evening before. And a closeup showing the painting in progress. Additionally, a photo from the after party at which the jazz artists and friends are looking at the iPad paintings. (photos by G. Inkeles)
Painting at a live performance is a performance in it self! A challenge.
I am right now listening to Henya from the CD When The Heart Emerges Glistening. Good listening...


No comments:

Post a Comment