Followers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Painting on the iPad during flights and in airports is fun and makes the time go faster, and amuses your fellow passengers.






Just returned from another airplane trip with three more iPad paintings. Since I got my first iPad last year I have been making "flight scenes" and just realized to my delight that I have a substantial collection. Enough for a show! So here are some of them:
Many include a title. The strange, almost abstract one, is a live de-icing that took place during a very snowy, very late night on Dec. 1 last year in Munich. I remember the plaintive voice of the captain as he came on and said, "there might be an opening in twenty minutes, if we can get the plane de-iced." The twin dragon-like machines sprayed foam and red hot beams at both wings. Great visuals. I felt like Edward Munch at a fire! - They did, we flew and landed in Helsinki at 2 in the morning where snow does not stop anything.
Some of the iPad paintings include passengers sitting near me. I met interesting people who enjoyed seeing the painting develop. The "Cash Refund SAS" is at Arlanda airport near Stockholm. "The Hall of Fame", is the my most recent one from United's Terminal, Gate 76 in SFO.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire! Here's my e-mail: jamcniel1@att.net I hope to have my new artist website up soon, with images of my work. Good talking with you on FB. Let me know if you'd like to get together... I'm embarking on the setup of a home animation studio so I can make the drawings move! Considering what tools to buy... your insights appreciated. Best, Julie McNiel

    ReplyDelete