Followers

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Richie Cole at the Typhoon at the Santa Monica airport Aug. 2011 He blew us away!


Gordon and I have a long standing relationship with Richie Cole - wonderful Jazz musician - and we got to see him perform with his Alto Jazz Orchestra at the lively, friendly and FUN Typhoon restaurant/club located right on the small planes' airport in Santa Monica.

This is what my husband Jazz - Gordon just wrote to Riche Cole:

"Your wonderful music has meant so much to my whole family. When I met my wife back in the early 80s we used to listen to "Keeper of the Flame" and I remember her saying, "what IS that incredible music?" Years later when we took our son camping a tape of "Pop Bop" was our companion music for the car trip and all three of us were happy to find it on CD. Needless to say, we were delighted to find you at the club in Santa Monica during our visit. My wife Iris was the woman who drew you and the band on her iPad. "

And here is the iPad Painting of Riche Cole! Signed by him!

For more about my iPad paintings become a follower on my blog. Email me ischencke@mac.com if you would like to purchase a print or have me make an iPad painting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment