Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Jazz and jazz iPad art at the Morris Graves, Fri. March 30




Rivulets of rain on the window and jazz everywhere....

Sunday Branford Marsalis lit up the night at HSU! This coming Friday the Redwood Jazz Alliance features Kitty Margolis, with dynamic drummer Allison Miller at the Morris Graves Rotunda. On Sunday Allison Miller as part of Honey Ear Trio, and our own Jenny Scheinman on violin, at the Arcata Playhouse.

I’ll be showing iPad Jazz paintings at the Humboldt Artist Gallery downstairs at the Morris Graves Museum of Art, starting Friday March 30, before Kitty Margolis' performance.
The Morris Graves Rotunda provides a lovely, intimate space for jazz and painting. I have created three jazz paintings here. The show will feature framed, signed, limited - series fine art prints, as well as unframed prints, and a few greeting cards. It will be up for a month during normal Morris Graves Museum hours.

All of the jazz paintings were created during live performances on my iPad. The framed pieces include Esperanza Spalding, the first jazz musician I painted live on my iPad, captured at HSU’s Kate Buchanan room in 2010. Since then, at the Monterey Jazz Festival, with iPad in lap, I've painted jazz greats Sonny Rollins, Herbie Hancock, Geri Allen and others. Locally I enjoyed catching the charming likeness of Ambrose Akinmusire on the iPad. It is very exiting that he will be the artist in residence at the 2012 Monterey Jazz Festival in September.

Looking forward to showing you my iPad art in print form for the first time.
I also invite you to follow me in this blog for regular posts of new art.


There is still space left in the "Finger Painting on Your iPad" OLLI class starting
Thursday April 19, 6-8 p.m. at the Aquatics Center in Eureka. www.humboldt.edu/olli


No comments:

Post a Comment